Lead HelpDesk Engineer
Company: Simplegrid Technology, Inc.
Location: East Brunswick
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Job Description:The Lead Service Desk Engineer is responsible
for handling support of escalated service requests in a
professional and timely manner. This relates to all technology, to
include: workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor
specific hardware and software. The Lead Service Desk Engineer will
also be managing the Simplegrid Toolset and be working on smaller
projects on behalf of our clients. You will be taking a leadership
role in promoting Simplegrid's core values and guidelines
throughout the team.The right candidate will have worked for a
Managed Services Provider (MSP) within the last three years and can
hit the ground running in this role.Simplegrid offers an attractive
Salary + Performance Based Bonuses, Health Care, Dental, 401K with
company match benefits and opportunities for career growth within
the firm are available for prospective candidates.Basic
- Must understand the different elements of a network -
workstations, servers, switches, firewalls, security, etc. and how
they all interact with each other.
- Act as an escalation point for the help desk team to
troubleshoot and resolve complex issues.
- Advanced IT Support relating to technical issues involving core
business applications and operating systems.
- Troubleshoot issues to determine root cause and implement
- Monitor the remote monitoring and management system alerts and
notifications and respond accordingly through service tickets.
- Communication with client's as required: keeping them informed
of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes, and
agreed outages.Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required: To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Advanced understanding of operating systems, business
applications, printing systems, and network systems and how they
interact with each other.
- Experience supporting multiple clients concurrently.
- Strong troubleshooting skills of technical issues.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must work well under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have a passion for IT and a desire to continuously
- Strong experience working with Meraki Access Points and
- Strong experience with Datto Backup/Disaster Recovery Devices
- BA/BS, preferably in computer science or a related field.
- 5 years of IT or related experience.Benefits:
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
- Performance based bonus plan
- Health, Vision, and Dental Benefits
- 401K - provided by Dice
Keywords: Simplegrid Technology, Inc., East Brunswick , Lead HelpDesk Engineer, Engineering , East Brunswick, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!