Sr. Process Engineer / Project Manager (Design Group)
Company: Barry Wehmiller Companies Inc
Location: East Brunswick
Posted on: January 10, 2022
About Us:Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the
United States and India, providing engineering, consulting and
technical services for the world's leading companies in the food
and beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and
other market sectors. Our nearly 1,500 technical and engineering
experts have direct industry experience in industrial automation,
control system integration, facility and process engineering,
architecture, construction management, regulatory compliance,
enterprise technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering
consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging,
corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending
people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies
and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion
organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common
belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
Job Description:Sr. Process Engineer (Design Group)Job Summary:
- We are looking for a high energy and collaborative Process
Engineer or Senior Process Engineer who will work with and guide
our process engineering team on a broad range of client life
sciences projects. This role may require leadership at client sites
as well as Project Management activities.Responsibilities:
- Process mechanical design as part of multi-discipline project
teams in an A&E environment.
- Executes process system engineering from conceptual/planning to
final/detail design phase on a wide range of projects from system
enhancements or unit operation optimization through all-new
- Works closely with Client personnel including Manufacturing,
Facilities and Maintenance, Quality, and Validation to ensure
systems are designed in accordance with current Good Manufacturing
- Process mechanical design of processes and equipment used in
the manufacture of sterile product within the pharmaceutical,
biological and medical device industries.
- Develop process flow diagrams (PFDs)preparing energy and mass
balances, conducting cycle time and bottleneck analysis, equipment
selection, sizing and specifications, utility requirements matrix,
and gap analysis, etc.
- Understanding and development of process construction documents
including piping & instrument diagrams (P&IDs), equipment
general arrangement drawings, piping plans inclusive of
orthographic and isometric drawings, operator access platform and
equipment support drawings, line lists, tie-in lists, installation
specifications, bills of material (BOM), scopes of work, etc.
- Interfaces with OEM's/vendors as needed to accomplish equipment
sizing and selection.
- Directs the work performed by CAD designers.
- Facilitates design coordination with controls/automation,
utilities, and building systems.
- Provides onsite support as needed during system testing,
start-up, commissioning, and qualification.
- Develops project scopes and assists with preparation of
proposals for engineering/design services as well as complete
- Stays abreast of new and emerging technologies, and current
Good Manufacturing PracticesRequirements:
- 5+ yrs. of pharmaceutical and biologics process system
- Project Management experience a plus
- Knowledge and design experience including CIP/SIP, Support
Equipment (Washers, Autoclaves, Lyophilizers), and High Purity
Water Systems (WFI and RODI).
- Working knowledge of process definition means and methods
including identifying process unit operations required
- Experience with FDA and EMA regulatory standards.
- Familiar with process control methodologies, types of control
valves and instrumentation, developing functional specifications,
and comfortable working with automation engineers.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral, interpersonal
skills and ability to interact with our valued team members and
- Computer skills including AutoCAD (basic), Microsoft Office,
and Microsoft Project (basic). Familiarity with 3D modeling,
computer-based hydraulic analysis and process simulation software
skills are considered a plus.
- Willing and able to travel as necessary for project
requirements to include but not be limited to: project installation
and start-up activities, client meetings, company sponsored
meetings, trainings, industry related seminars, forums, or
- BS degree in Chemical, Mechanical or Bio Engineering is
preferred but consideration will be given to other engineering
degrees based on actual project experience.
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a wealth of
experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a
job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here,
please still consider applying. We know that our differences often
can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful
work-therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply
to our positions. Please let us know if you require reasonable
accommodations during the interview process.Barry-Wehmiller is an
equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may
include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications,
background screening and/or skills assessments.
Keywords: Barry Wehmiller Companies Inc, East Brunswick , Sr. Process Engineer / Project Manager (Design Group), Executive , East Brunswick, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!