Registered Nurse OR (Pool) - University Surgicenter
Company: Surgical Care Affiliates
Location: East Brunswick
Posted on: January 5, 2021
Location: US-NJ-East BrunswickType: Pool# of Openings:
1Category: Registered NurseSystem ID: 9942Overview
Univeristy Surgicenter is currently seeking an Operating Room
Registered Nurse - Pool.
We are a 5 operating room surgery center that focuses primarily on
ophthalmology, urology and pain surgeries. We pride ourselves on
providing the highest quality care in a warm, friendly,
personalized, and professional setting. Our goal is to continuously
meet the needs of each individual that we service.
Benefits to working with us:
- Generous Paid Time Off including 8 paid holidays
- Maternity/paternity /adoption benefits
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance that begin
ON DAY 1 OF EMPLOYMENT
- Employer-paid life and short and long term disability
- Optional employee-paid insurances
- Excellent 401(k) Plan
- Employee appreciation - employee appreciation events, lunches
for the employees, cross training available - GREAT growth
- No holidays, weekends, nights or call
- Hours - as needed Monday through Friday between 7 am - 3:30
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Provides nursing care to ensure the safety of the patient.
- Directs and assists in carrying out safe aseptic, sterile
techniques, and procedures.
- To perform various tasks as an OR circulator.
- Assumes responsibility that the OR is prepared for the
- Assist in transporting patient to OR and checks patient record
for appropriate pre-op preparation and procedures.
- Verifies that appropriate surgical prep is completed.
- Completes documentation for OR records, laboratory
requisitions, and patient chart
- Supervises and assists with the proper and safe positioning of
- Performs sponge, needle, and instrument counts
- Takes ownership for all surgical specimens properly.
- Secures emergency equipment and supplies as needed.
- Provides assistance to teammates, surgeons, and
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Good communication skills that promote safe patient care.
Education - Required:
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- Current New Jersey licensure
- Must be current in BCLS
- ACLS/PALS certification within six months of hire date
(applicable to scope of service)
- Ophthalmology experience highly preferred
Education - Preferred:
- Computer literacy
- BSN Degree
- Previous work experience in an ambulatory surgery setting or
acute hospital operating room of no less than one (1) year.
- Ability to meet deadlines
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care
Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are
required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
#DP #RegisteredNurse #HealthcareJobs #NurseJobs #MedicalJobs
#Healthcare #NurseLife #RNJobs #Health #SCA #SurgicalCareAffiliates
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically
partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems
across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA
operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory
surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with
approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit
Keywords: Surgical Care Affiliates, East Brunswick , Registered Nurse OR (Pool) - University Surgicenter, Healthcare , East Brunswick, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!