Cert Respiratory Therapist-Pulmonary (Physician Practice)
Company: Hackensack Meridian Health
Location: East Brunswick
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Description: How have you impacted someone's life today? - At
Hackensack Meridian -Health -our healthcare teams are focused on
changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level
of care each and every day. - From our hospitals, rehab centers and
occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home
care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you
to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your
career all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system. The
Certified Respiratory Therapist under the supervision of the
Director of Respiratory Services, Technical Supervisor, Shift
Supervisors, provides and administers all aspects of Respiratory
Care Therapy and supportive equipment as stated in the Department
Policy and Procedure Manual. Responsibilties: A day in the life of
a Certified Respiratory Therapist at Hackensack Meridian Health
- Assists in the diagnosis, treatment, and management of all
patients with pulmonary disorders in both critical and non-critical
areas pursuant to a prescription of a licensed physician.
- Performs cardiopulmonary evaluation, monitoring, respiratory
therapy treatment techniques, respiratory procedures and patients
and family education. -
- Responsible for the acquisition, analysis and interpretation of
data obtained from physiological specimens, performing diagnostic
tests, studies and research of the cardiopulmonary system and
neurophysiological studies related to respiratory care.
- Administers and/or monitors medical gases, mechanical
ventilation support, artificial airway care, bronchopulmonary
hygiene, pharmacologic agents related to respiratory care
procedures, and cardiopulmonary rehabilitation related and limited
to respiratory care.
- Utilizes the application of scientific principles for the
identification, prevention, remediation, research, and
rehabilitation of acute or chronic cardiopulmonary
- Administers therapeutic Respiratory Care procedures and sets up
related Respiratory Care equipment as prescribed by the
- Records all pertinent information of provided therapeutic
procedures and patient response in the electronic medical record
- Sets up, verifies proper function, operates and monitors all
invasive and non-invasive respiratory equipment on patients in need
of respiratory assistance.
- Participates in the management of patients on life support
systems by recommending and performing appropriate changes based on
blood gas results and weaning studies.
- Responds to and participates in all emergency and trauma
- Changes and maintains ventilators, ventilator circuits &
respiratory equipment in accordance with the Infection Control
Policy of the Department Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Runs quality controls on blood gas analyzers.
- Monitors and changes all manifolds, including but not limited
to emergency oxygen, nitrous oxide and nitrogen manifold
- Retrieves, cleans and assembles all respiratory equipment using
disinfecting solutions and cleaning agents in accordance with
infection control protocols.
- Identifies the needs of the patient population served and
modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e.,
age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired,
- This process includes communicating with the patient, and
primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age,
educational, literacy, etc.). -
- Lifts a minimum of 35 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 165
lbs. and stands a minimum of 6 hours a day.
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's
- Performs other work as requested by the Director or his/her
Qualifications: Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Graduate of an AMA approved Respiratory Care program.
- Associate's degree.
- Comprehensive knowledge of all clinical aspects of Respiratory
Care. Licenses and Certifications Required:
- NJ Respiratory Care Practitioner License. Licenses and
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification.
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support Certification.
- NJ Certified Respiratory Therapist.
- AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification. If you
feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths
and capabilities, then please apply today!
Keywords: Hackensack Meridian Health, East Brunswick , Cert Respiratory Therapist-Pulmonary (Physician Practice), Healthcare , East Brunswick, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!