LINE COOK- EAST BRUNSWICK
Company: Bar Louie Team Members
Location: East Brunswick
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Job DescriptionAt Bar Louie, we live to SERVE our Guests, our
People and our Community. We do this by GROWING our PEOPLE (That's
YOU), our Fans & our Company. While we are fiercely committed to a
foundation of daily routines, policies and practices that ensure we
stay Safe, Healthy and Compliant with all regulations and laws – we
also celebrate thinking differently and creating the WOW in the
work we do each day. We call this Freedom within a Framework and it
allows us to be consistent as a brand while also pursuing
continuous improvement. Whether we are collaborating with others or
completing a task alone, Integrity is key and a non-negotiable. And
though we are always busy and constantly changing – we also strive
to show empathy and to have a lot of FUN every single day. Bar
Louie offers a culture that is as diverse and unique as
YOU.Position overview As a Line Cook, at Bar Louie – your number
one focus is ensuring every guest feels completely safe and
satisfied when they enjoy the amazing "gastrogrub" prepared by you.
You have the "hospitality gene" and truly care about people. Your
style is fun but always professional. You have confidence but are
never cocky. Your commitment to cleanliness and recipe adherence
and presentation are far above average, and you are FAST - able to
pivot from task to task while never cutting corners. A Line Cook is
a critical role – in our gastrobar – and in the industry. You like
being busy and demonstrate pride in your work – you eagerly offer
assistance to anyone who needs it and you aren't too proud to run
dish; stock supplies; or bus a table. Your genuine care for others
helps grow our business. Our guests keep coming back again and
again to enjoy their Bar Louie favorites – consistently prepared by
you. Position responsibilities
- Exemplify Bar Louie's Mission, Vision and Values in the way you
approach your shift each day.
- Demonstrate a maniacal commitment to cleanliness; sanitation
- Learn the menu Top to Bottom and Inside and out so that you can
seamlessly prepare and present every item with 100% adherence to
the recipe specifications.
- Ensure all food is maintained and served at the correct
temperature - Hot Food always Hot; Cold Food always Cold; and all
items for 1 table ready at the same time.
- Ensure costs are controlled by accurately preparing each
- Maintain a clean and organized station. Always clean as you
- Work independently or a part of a team based on the needs of
the shift with an ability to work all stations.
- Follow directions and appropriately communicate with Management
and peers to accomplish goals.
- Quickly complete opening and closing duties each shift –
setting up and tearing down the line to ensure you, your peers and
your' location are set for success.
- Follow all policies and processes communicated by your Manager
or the Company.
- Provide accurate availability; check schedule regularly and
have consistent attendance.
- Strictly adhere to all Company and government health and safety
standards with a focus on Human Safety; Food Safety and Chemical
Safety and Sanitation Standards Skills and abilities
- The ability to communicate effectively with Managers and Team
- The ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with
TMs and Managers
- The ability to read and follow written and verbal
- The ability to memorize; prep; prepare and present all menu
items to spec.
- The ability to safely utilize knives and equipment.
- The ability to multi-task; manage deadlines and multiple
- The ability to maintain a high standard of personal hygiene.
Education and training
- Culinary training or education preferred
- Knowledge of restaurant prep and cooking methods
- Where required by law – food safety certification
- 3-6 months of related experience or training required Basic
physical requirements When working at a gastrobar location, Team
Member must be able to perform the duties of that location. These
requirements may include: Lifting up to 10 (ten) pounds constantly
and up to 50 (fifty) pounds as required. Lifting from floor to
shoulder constantly and overhead infrequently. Twisting and
reaching frequently. Grasping objects to move or manipulate
constantly. Working in alternatively hot or cold environments for
extended periods of time. May inadvertently bump into team members
in a relatively small work area. Will stand and walk for extended
periods of time. FREQUENT hand washing and sanitation is required.
Ability to use knives, slicing equipment, and other food
preparation equipment. Team Member must be able to communicate with
Guests and other Team Members and manipulate handheld and desktop
devices. We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will
be considered for employment without attention to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, veteran or disability status.
Keywords: Bar Louie Team Members, East Brunswick , LINE COOK- EAST BRUNSWICK, Hospitality & Tourism , East Brunswick, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!