Project Manager, Process Design (Design Group)
Company: Barry Wehmiller Design Group
Location: East Brunswick
Posted on: July 20, 2021
Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United
States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical
services for the world’s leading companies in the food and
beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other
market sectors. Our nearly 1,500 technical and engineering experts
have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control
system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture,
construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise
technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering
consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging,
corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending
people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies
and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion
organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common
belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
Project Manager, Process Design (Design Group)
As a Project Manager, you will work in our office and remotely
at project sites or other offices as needed to manage design
projects to meet our client’s business needs. The successful
candidate will work with engineers, architects, designers and other
technical professionals to manage facility MEP design build (or
design bid build) projects for pharmaceutical, biotechnology,
advanced technology (semi-conductor), food & beverage as well as
other industrial operations.
- Ability to lead a project and design effort from concept design
- Oversees the preparation of plans, specifications and contract
- Administers overall facility (site, buildings, infrastructure)
design and construction, solves design problems proactively and
collaboratively through client and design team interface
- Manages all client communications and client expectations
- Manages project timelines, budget, scope, change and risk
throughout the project execution.
- Ability to evaluate project progress and adjust critical path
for scope completion and budget adherence required
- Interfaces and coordinates with local authorities having
jurisdiction (AHJ’s). Reviews, interprets and applies the Building
Code in compliance with the application.
- Interfaces with the Construction Manager and Site Manager to
resolve design coordination details and any constructability issues
as well as assists with the value engineering effort.
- Prepares proposals and participates in sales presentations
- Minimum 8+ years of relevant project management and engineering
experience executing capital projects covering schematic design,
design development, plan check and permit acquisition, construction
documents, contract documents and construction administration
- Experience in pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device
- Exposure to and a working knowledge of a broad range of
engineering disciplines including civil/site work, structural,
architectural, mechanical systems (refrigeration, chillers, cooling
towers, boilers, hot water, domestic water, compressed air,
plumbing and HVAC), and electrical power distribution.
- Plant engineering experience is a plus
- Execution of projects within an A/E/C design firm.
- Developed specifications, interfaced with and coordinated
multidiscipline teams, both on-site and remotely, particularly in
- Facility, utility design projects for manufacturing and
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for formal
presentations, maintaining client relationships and interacting
with our valued team members.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Microsoft
Word, Microsoft Project.
- Willing and able to travel as necessary for project
requirements to include but not be limited to: project installation
and start-up activities, client meetings, company sponsored
meetings, trainings, industry related seminars, forums, or
- BS degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Architectural Engineering or
similar Engineering degree is required.
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a
wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical
requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what
you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know
that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence
and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are
encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if
you require reasonable accommodations during the interview
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This
organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may
include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications,
background screening and/or skills assessments.
Design Group US Inc
Keywords: Barry Wehmiller Design Group, East Brunswick , Project Manager, Process Design (Design Group), Other , East Brunswick, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!