HOST(ESS)- EAST BRUNSWICK
Company: Bar Louie Team Members
Location: East Brunswick
Posted on: January 19, 2023
At Bar Louie, we live to SERVE our Guests, our People and our
Community. We do this by GROWING our PEOPLE (That's YOU), our Fans
& our Company. While we are fiercely committed to a foundation of
daily routines, policies and practices that ensure we stay Safe,
Healthy and Compliant with all regulations and laws - we also
celebrate thinking differently and creating the WOW in the work we
do each day. We call this Freedom within a Framework and it allows
us to be consistent as a brand while also pursuing continuous
improvement. Whether we are collaborating with others or completing
a task alone, Integrity is key and a non-negotiable. And though we
are always busy and constantly changing - we also strive to show
empathy and to have a lot of FUN every single day. Bar Louie offers
a culture that is as diverse and unique as YOU. Position overview
As a Host or Hostess, at Bar Louie - your number one focus is
ensuring every guest feels welcome. You have the "hospitality gene"
and truly care about people. Your style is fun but always
professional. You have confidence and we support a freedom that
allows you to express your unique personality. And while you are
smart - able to manage long waits; answer the phone; and provide
accurate information - you never use a script. You take your cue
from our guests - matching your style to their mood. Quick and
efficient if they are in a hurry; unobtrusive if they need privacy;
and interactive if they are looking for attention. This role offers
a great start in the industry, and you will enjoy working with
other Team Members as you learn and grow. You like being busy and
demonstrate pride in your work - you don't cut corners and you
eagerly offer your assistance to anyone who needs it. Your genuine
care for others helps grow our business. Our guests create lasting
memories, that began with you. Position responsibilities
- Exemplify Bar Louie's Mission, Vision and Values in the way you
approach your shift each day.
- Demonstrate a maniacal commitment to cleanliness; sanitation
- Learn the menu Top to Bottom and Inside and out so that you can
seamlessly infuse your style as you answer questions; describe and
recommend items; and help our guests find new and old
- Greet every guest ensuring that they feel genuinely
- Assist every guest in finding a place to spend time; ordering
food To Go; or looking at our menu.
- Answer the phone professionally and with warmth. Accurately
share information; take messages and ensure our guests get the
information they are looking for.
- Practice responsible alcohol service at all times. Involve your
Manager as needed.
- Support your peers by running food and drinks; bussing and
sanitizing tables; and completing sidework.
- Quickly complete opening and closing duties each shift ensuring
you and your peers are set for success.
- Follow all policies and processes communicated by your Manager
or the Company.
- Provide accurate availability; check schedule regularly and
have consistent attendance. Skills and abilities
- The ability to communicate clearly with guests and fellow Team
- The ability to memorize and describe the ingredients and
preparation of all food and beverage options.
- The ability to handle and carry dishware and glassware
- The ability to place orders within Aloha and accurately handle
- The ability to multi-task and prioritize competing demands for
your time and attention. Education and training
- Entry level position
- Hospitality/Customer Experience preferred Basic physical
requirements When working at a gastrobar location, Team Member must
be able to perform the duties of that location. These requirements
may include: -Lifting up -to 10 (ten) pounds constantly and up to
50 (fifty) pounds as required. Lifting from floor to shoulder
constantly and overhead infrequently. -Twisting and reaching
frequently. Grasping objects to move or manipulate constantly.
-Working in alternatively hot or cold environments for extended
periods of time. -May inadvertently bump into team members in a
relatively small work area. -Will stand and walk for extended
periods of time. -FREQUENT hand washing and sanitation is required.
-Ability to use knives, slicing equipment, and other food
preparation equipment. Team Member must be able to communicate with
Guests and other Team Members and manipulate handheld and desktop
devices. We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will
be considered for employment without attention to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, veteran or disability status.
Keywords: Bar Louie Team Members, East Brunswick , HOST(ESS)- EAST BRUNSWICK, Other , East Brunswick, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!