Systems Engineer Level II
Company: Simplegrid Technology, Inc.
Location: East Brunswick
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Introduction: Do you want to be the person who exceeds your
If you have a desire to succeed and drive your own career,
Simplegrid Technology, Inc. offers you the opportunity to make that
We're a small IT services startup on our way to becoming thought
leaders within the IT services field, and we need your talent,
skill, and ambitious ideas to help us reach our goals. You'll be
getting in on the ground floor with the opportunity to help shape
the business and grow with the firm. You'll be doing great things
for our clients and helping them achieve their business ambitions.
We are looking for the right candidate that will grow with our
firm, and therefore someone who is interested in a long term
position. Only serious candidates who follow the application
process completely will be considered. We are currently looking for
a Systems Engineer Level II to support the business in achieving
its strategic objectives.
Must be local, or willing to commute to East Brunswick, New Jersey
and New York City to be considered for this position. What we
expect you to do:
- Monitor infrastructure remotely using our Remote Monitoring
- Troubleshoot and resolve helpdesk and network admin issues
either remotely or by visiting the client onsite. Most work can be
completed remotely. Our clients are located throughout northern and
central New Jersey and Manhattan. A ticket can be as simple as
resetting a user's password or helping them troubleshoot an issue
with Microsoft Word to rebooting servers or making firewall rule
- Provide excellent customer service to our clients. You will be
speaking with them on a daily basis; therefore having an upbeat,
positive relationship with them is tantamount to your success. We
expect you to keep our clients updated on the progress of the work
you are performing for them, and explain the work you are doing in
laymen's terms so they understand.
- Work on technical projects for our clients. Technical projects
can range from small mini-projects such as add hard drives on a
server to performing a complete network upgrade.
- Keep learning. We expect you to stay current on the
technologies that impact our clients today, and become well versed
in the best practices of installing, configuring and supporting
- Assist with internal Simplegrid initiatives. This would include
creating processes to help streamline our workflow, to documenting
tasks that we commonly perform.
- Use our professional services automation tool to track your
time and update tickets that you work on.
- Make recommendations, both to enhance our clients work
efficiency and also give your valuable input to help Simplegrid
- Occasionally work nights and weekends. Although we do our
utmost to ensure a high quality of life for our staff, the nature
of the business requires that some work has to be performed after
business hours. You should be willing and able to perform that work
- Figure things out. We don't expect you to know the solution to
every single problem, but we expect you to use your intellect and
resources available to you (both online and offline) to solve the
problems you face.
- Be independent and a self-starter. We expect you to take
initiative to proactively address issues and take on project work
as you see the opportunity. Qualifications you should have:
- A BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or at least 4
years of relevant experience working in the IT services
- Experience working with another IT consulting firm or Managed
- A current MCSE, MCSA, MCITP:Server Administrator,
- Hands on experience working with the following
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012 and 2012 R2
- Active Directory, DNS, DHCP and Group Policy
- Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10
- Microsoft Office 2010 and above
- Office 365
- VMware ESXi version 5.0 and above
- Cisco Switches (Catalysts)
- Cisco Firewalls (ASA and Meraki)
- SonicOS firewalls
- Wireless Technology Products (Cisco, Ubiquiti and Meraki)
- HP/Dell Servers
- Dell/Lenovo workstations/laptops
- A clean driving record and a car to travel to client
- Excellent communications skills - both oral and written.
Qualifications we prefer you to have: Although not required, it
would be a strong plus if you have experience working with the
- Labtech RRM - This would include the configuration of
monitoring alerts, scripting and patching
- Webroot Anti-Virus
- Datto Backup and Disaster Recovery or Veeam
- Network Detective What you will get: Simplegrid offers a
competitive salary + benefits package, depending on experience.
Performance bonuses are also awarded.You will also get an
opportunity to join a company on the ground floor and grow with it.
Your input on building processes, both technical and business will
be highly valuable. You will have influence in decisions the firm
makes. Application process: You must follow this process exactly in
order to be considered:
- Submit a resume and a cover letter.
- If your qualifications match our selection criteria, we will
email you an online assessment which you must complete within 48
- We will review your assessment and resume and contact you for
an online interview if there is a match between our needs and your
Keywords: Simplegrid Technology, Inc., East Brunswick , Systems Engineer Level II, Other , East Brunswick, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!