Company: Resource Logistics, Inc.
Location: East Brunswick
Posted on: May 2, 2021
Job title : Data Systems Analyst -- Arch-Bus Client & Analytics
Location : Delhaize at Charlotte, NC (Remote for now) Duration : 1
year contract Position Summary Plays a critical role in the design,
development, and roll-out of the Data & Analytics Platform, along
with partnering with team members to develop the data consumption
tools for the Data & Analytics Platform. Engages through the entire
lifecycle of all the projects within Business Intelligence &
Analytics department from data modeling, to data engineering, and
finally data consumption. Becomes a subject matter expert on the
Data & Analytics Platform. Delivers reporting and analysis to the
enterprise. Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop data engineering processes in azure using components
like Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake analytics, HDInsights,
- Works with business users to design, develop, test, and
implement business intelligence solutions in the Data & Analytics
- Solves moderate to complex application errors, as well as
designs and resolves application problems, following up in a timely
manner with all appropriate customers and IT personnel.
- Documents all phases of work including gathering requirements,
joining relationship diagrams, creating database diagrams, report
layouts and other program technical specifications using current
specified design standards for new or revised solutions.
- Assists in assessing alternative software solutions for
workability and technical feasibility.
- Relates information from various sources to draw logical
- Assists in identifying the impact of proposed application
- Conducts data analysis (SQL, Excel, Data Discovery, etc.) on
legacy systems and new data sources.
- Performs data profiling and process analysis to understand key
source systems and uses knowledge of application features and
functions to assess scope and impact of business needs.
- Reviews and validates QA test plans and supports QA team during
- Participates in designing data transformation and data pipe
- Ensures change control and change management procedures are
followed within the program/project as they relate to
- Documents reporting requirements through engagement with
business process SMEs.
- Creates source to target data mappings for data pipelines and
- Designs and develops reports, dashboards to support
decision-making within the business and IT.
- Conducts unit testing on ELT and report development.
- Conducts data lineage and impact analysis as a part of the
change management process.
- Delivers SDLC Deliverables as defined.
- Contributes to Business Case Development through information
gathering and analysis. Basic Qualification
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems,
Business Administration, or other related field.
- Minimum of 10 years IT experience encompassing the following:
- Working experience with SDLC and deliverables associated with
- Experience in Data Modeling and Advanced SQL techniques
- Experience engineering data pipelines using latest technologies
- Experience in Data Visualization Best Practices
- Experience working with industry-leading Business Intelligence
- Experience working with industry-leading database
- Experience in Azure Cloud technologies
- Experience in Big Data / Hadoop Technical Competencies
- Develop Business Intelligence applications/dashboards/Reports
in Microstrategy and Power BI.
- Develop complex SQL/USQL/pySpark code for Data Engineering
pipelines in Azure Data Lake analytics and azure data factory.
- Develop complex data science algorithms using R programming
language and industrialize them.
- Develop and Implement big data applications using Hadoop
components (HDInsight - Microsoft Azure).
- Create requirement documents, review the functional design
documents created by vendor partners as a part of software
development life cycle.
- Work closely with business teams in every stage from gathering
requirements to closure of project.
- Work with the key stakeholders to create requirements for each
business solution, ensure the requirements are developed in concert
with and agreed upon by the business partner, and that the solution
delivers the agreed upon business needs. Skills and Abilities
- Outstanding Written and Verbal Communication communications
skills; able to articulate complex technical topics for
- Ability to analyze complex situations and develop creative
- Ability to multi-task and self-direct. Strong Organization
- Ability to interact with non IT associates and management on
- Ability to plan and organize work to meet pre-established
- Ability to work with their peers, associates and all levels of
- Ability to explain technical concepts in a non-technical
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills; strong
deductive and inductive reasoning. Strong Analytical Aptitude.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and senior
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and
reporting. Preferred Qualification
- Experience in a retail environment a plus. Certifications in
Keywords: Resource Logistics, Inc., East Brunswick , Systems Analyst, Professions , East Brunswick, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!