Cable Installation Technician
Posted on: September 16, 2023
Do you like being active and working hands-on with the latest
Join our J.D. Power award-winning In-Home Services team!
Check out our video to experience a day in the life of a DISH
The In-Home Services organization supports thousands of talented
employees in 125+ facilities delivering service solutions to
customers in every zip code. Our installation technicians are
leading the charge for better customer experience, educating and
connecting more Americans with every home they visit. Our
dedication to customer experience is paying off: in 2022, DISH
earned the J.D. Power award for being in Overall Customer
Satisfaction for the fifth year in a row.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
What's in it for you?
- $21.25 per hour
- Plus, a promotion at 6 months with a $1.00 per hour pay
- Paid incentive with potential for up to $6,400 in your first
year and $9,100 each year after that based on your
- Our greatest benefit is opportunity, as we promote from within
- Over 300 current Field Managers started their career as DISH
- Continued pay increases of 10% built in with each new DISH
Technician level achieved!
- Grow four levels as a DISH Technician and beyond over the
course of your career!
- Paid time off - vacation and sick time
- Free DISH TV programming at a value of $114.99/month at your
home, plus deeply discounted SlingTV and Boost Mobile plans
- Paid training, tools, and uniforms
What will you be doing?
We build our value around simplifying lives. With installation
expertise and a passion for sharing it, our technicians are
building opportunities for themselves far into the future.
In this role, you will:
- Install and manage customer products, while creating
opportunities to sell them on new personalized technology
- Work autonomously to upsell and offer smart home solutions to
customers on a daily basis
- Relocate power and place mounts, satellite dishes, televisions,
routers, cameras, receivers and whole-home connectivity technology
in customer homes
- Conduct site surveys and in-person home assessments Skills,
Experience and Requirements
What skills and experience do you need?
Ideal technicians have:
- High energy, resourcefulness, and ability to multitask
- An eye for opportunities to sell customers on new personalized
- Strong customer advocacy skills: friendly, communicative, with
a high degree of integrity
- Sales, electrical, maintenance/repair, cable, military, and/or
customer service experience preferred All technicians must have:
- Ability to work in-person in multiple homes per day ( this is
not a work-from-home position; you will be in the field servicing
customers' homes )
- Ability to stand for long periods of time on ladders, lift over
70 lbs. at times, crawl into small spaces, work in all climates and
remain within the individual weight requirement of 335 lbs
- Valid driver's license in the state you are seeking employment
in, with a driving record that meets DISH's minimum safety standard
(You will get a Dish van and a gas card)
- Resilience in the face of a fast-paced and changing
- Ability to pivot work hours; five/six-day workweeks may be
required during peak seasonal times Salary Range
Compensation and Benefits
We also offer versatile health perks, including flexible spending
accounts, HSA, a 401(k) Plan with company match, ESPP, career
opportunities, and a flexible time away plan; all benefits can be
viewed here: DISH Benefits .
The base pay range shown is a guideline. Individual total
compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications,
skill level, and competencies; compensation is based on the role's
location and is subject to change based on work location.
Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen,
which may include a drug test and DMV check.
Keywords: DISH, East Brunswick , Cable Installation Technician, Professions , Cranbury, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!