Company: Goodwill Industries Of Greater New York
Location: East Brunswick
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Position Title: Sales SpecialistDepartment: RetailReports To
(Title): Store ManagerPosition Type: FLSA - Non-ExemptSupervising
Staff: NO* For a limited time you will receive a $500 signing bonus
after 90 successful work days PLUS earn weekly bonuses for meeting
your store goals* (Offer available in select locations)General
Purpose:The Sales Specialist is responsible for providing our
customers with exceptional service by meeting their individual
needs and expectations, serving as a "Goodwill Ambassador" by
promoting our mission and values of the organization. The Sales
Specialist is expected to role model Goodwill values in all actions
and interactions in order to create a positive customer-centric
- Meet and exceed customer expectations and drive positive sales
growth and Brand experience.
- Create an emotional connection with every customer by being a
passionate Goodwill Brand ambassador.
- Confidently give advice to customers based on fashion trends
and individual style.
- Greet customers at the point of entry communicating social
distancing protocol to be observed while in store.
- Drive Goodwill brand loyalty through knowledge of Goodwill
Rewards program, consistently informing customers of the benefits
- Capture customer data utilizing Company tools and Point of Sale
system for the purpose of connecting with the customer, building
relationships and personalizing future customer development
- Perform sales transactions quickly and accurately in accordance
with established cash control procedures and customer service
- Maintain Brand standards of neat, clean and organized sales
floor, cash wrap, fitting room and stockroom to ensure the store
environment is safe and presentable for employees and
- Execute efficient and effective handling of all merchandise
from raw donation production.
- Proactively resolve customer concerns consistent with Company
policy and focused on positive customer experience. Partner quickly
with store leadership team on elevated customer issues.
- Understand and adhere to all company policy and
procedures.Daily Activities:Customer Service:
- Verbally great customer and offer assistance within 30
- Inform all customers of weekly sale color and newly produced
color, make announcement every 15 minutes.
- Offer customer a shopping cart or basket while in the
- Keep sales floor and fitting rooms clean and free of clutter,
hangers and clothes off the floor.
- Answer the phone in a professional manner.Sales Floor
Replenishing (Pushing and Placing):a. Push racks, carts and totes
of product to the sales floor and place product onto fixtures.
If stationed on the register:
- Greet all customers with a warm greeting, a smile, eye contact,
positive attitude. Promote the Goodwill Rewards program, Round Up
program, and discuss our Mission.
- Thank each customer for their purchase, hand them the receipt,
invite them back to the store
- Keep register area clean and free of clutter.If stationed at
point of entry as the Social Distancing greeter:
- Provide social distancing/one way traffic guidelines,
promotional greeting and offer a sanitized shopping cart/basket
- Allow up to the maximum amount of occupancy in the store at a
time by counting each customer as they come in. Once the maximum is
reached only allow a new customer in when one exits. The maximum
occupancy will be posted and reiterated by the opening
- Informs the customer that masks are required to be worn at all
times while in store.
- When a new customer is allowed entry into the store the greeter
will sanitize the shopping cart/ basket to provide to the customer.
Activities are subject to change to meet business needs with
Qualifications:The following qualifications are required:
- Minimum 1+ year experience in retail sales or customer service
- High School Diploma, equivalent or combination of education and
relevant experience required.
- Proven ability to drive and exceed individual and store
- Proven ability to build lasting relationships with customers
- Ability to adapt to and engage with different customers.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with customers,
sales leadership team and colleagues.
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well
within a team.
- Ability to receive feedback and take action when
- Accuracy and attention to detail required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on business needs
which includes, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while working in a fast-paced
and deadline-oriented environment.Special Working Conditions:
Describe unusual working conditions or environmental factors.
In addition to the functions described above, this role may include
other responsibilities and
duties as assigned on occasion, based upon Goodwill NYNJ needs or
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this
- Material and equipment used: Computers, faxes, copiers,
- Travel requirements: minimal
- Hazardous exposure category: Place an "X" in the appropriate
category for the role:I. ____X_____ involves an inherent potential
for contact with blood, body fluids or tissues. Appropriate
protective measures are required for every employee engaged in
Category I tasks.II. __________ Involves no exposure to blood, body
fluids, or tissues, but potential exposure in usual
work. Employees performing Category II tasks don't need to wear
protective equipment, but they should be prepared to put on
protective equipment on short notice.III. __________ involves no
exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues, although situations can
hypothesized under which anyone, anywhere, might encounter
potential exposure to body fluids.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS LIFTING REQUIREMENTS- Place an "X" in the
level for the role.1. _____Sedentary work-Exerting up to 10 pounds
of force occasionally and/or a negligible
amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise
objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting
most of the
time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of
time. Roles are
sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally
and all other
sedentary criteria are met.2. _____Light work-Exerting up to 20
pounds of force occasionally, and/or to 10 pounds of
force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to
objects. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for
work.3. _ X __Medium work-Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of
force occasionally, and/or 10-25 pounds of force frequently, and/or
than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move
demand requirements are in excess of those for light work.4. __
__Heavy work-Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 25-50 pounds of
force constantly to move objects. Physical demand requirements are
in excess of
those for medium work. _____Very heavy work-Exerting
in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of
50 pounds of
force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly
objects. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for
Our Vaccination PolicyBeginning August 13th for Good Temps
employees, volunteers and interns who work in residential and
congregate settings, and beginning August 27th otherwise, all
Mission Services and Administrative employees, volunteers, interns,
contractors, and visitors to any Mission- related or Admin location
in NY or NJ are required to provide either one-time proof of
vaccination, or weekly proof of a negative COVID-19 test in order
to be able to continue to work.All unvaccinated employees,
volunteers, interns, contractors and visitors MUST wear masks.
Employees, volunteers, interns, contractors, and visitors must be
fully vaccinated in order not to have to present weekly proof of
negative testing. However, if an individual has one dose by August
13th, 2021 or August 27"., 2021, depending on their program, they
do not need to submit weekly proof of negative testing as long as
proof of the second dose, if needed to complete vaccination, is
provided within one (1) month (30 days). If no proof is provided,
weekly testing will be required once that month elapses.
Keywords: Goodwill Industries Of Greater New York, East Brunswick , Sales Specialist, Sales , East Brunswick, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!